Asia Pacific University (APU)
Asia Pacific University of Technology and Innovation (APU)
- APU is the First Malaysian University to achieve an overall rating of Five Stars Plus in the latest QS Stars Rating awards. APU is amongst 19 universities worldwide to achieve this honour.
- APU is ranked among the Top 10 Private Universities in the latest QS Asia University Rankings 2022. APU is Ranked amongst Top 3 for International Students, Top 5 for Inbound Exchange and is amongst the Top 30 Universities for International Faculty by QS.
- APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia, being rated 5-STAR (EXCELLENT Rating) under the latest SETARA Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE)
- APU is Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for MULTICULTURAL LEARNING EXPERIENCE*(*Student Barometer Wave 2019 (International Students), Studying with people from other cultures’)
|Living cost||USD 359 per month|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
The Asia Pacific University of Technology & Innovation (APU) is amongst Malaysia’s Premier Private Universities and is where a unique fusion of technology, innovation and creativity works effectively towards preparing graduates for significant roles in business and society globally. APU has earned an enviable reputation as an award-winning University through its achievements in winning a host of prestigious awards at national and international levels.
APU is the First Malaysian University to achieve an overall rating of Five Stars Plus in the latest QS Stars Rating awards that were presented at the QS Apple Conference on 1st Nov 2021. Five Stars Plus institution must achieve five stars across all categories in addition to achieving minimum highest benchmark score by QS STARS. APU is amongst 19 universities worldwide to achieve this honour. APU is Ranked amongst Top 3 for International Students, Top 5 for Inbound Exchange and is amongst the Top 30 Universities for International Faculty by QS World University Rankings – Asia 2022. APU is ranked among the Top 10 Private Universities in the latest QS Asia University Rankings 2022.
APU was announced as among the Highest Rated Emerging Universities in Malaysia, being rated 5-STAR (EXCELLENT Rating) under the latest SETARA Ratings by the Ministry of Higher Education (MOHE). APU was awarded the Premier Digital Tech University status by the Malaysia Digital Economy Corporation (MDEC). APU is recognised for its commitment in offering top-notch digital technology courses and ensuring our highly-skilled graduates continue to flourish and fill future digital job demands locally and globally. Premier Digital Tech University status was awarded by the Minister of Higher Education Malaysia.
According to the latest Annual Graduate Tracer Study by Ministry of Higher Education Malaysia, 100% of APU graduates were employed by Graduation. This is not just a number, but a significant symbol of our success and pride in nurturing professionals for global careers. To date, over 50,000 alumni have embarked onto their careers worldwide.
APU is Rated No. 1 in Asia and Malaysia for Multicultural Learning Experience and its student community of more than 12,000 student from over 130 countries studying in its Malaysian campus offers a truly cosmopolitan learning environment which prepares students well for the global challenges which lie ahead. APU’s academic programmes are all approved by the Ministry of Higher Education of Malaysia and the qualifications are accredited or provisionally accredited by the Malaysian Qualifications Agency (MQA).
Students are exposed to the opportunity to earn practical technology degrees in today’s technical subjects through its strategic campus location in TPM. It is a comprehensive center for research and development for knowledge-based industries, thus giving their staff and students the benefits to connecting with leading technology and engineering professionals, as well as technopreneurs and entrepreneurs from all around the world. APU’s campus at Technology Park Malaysia features modern glass and aluminum structure design, housing:
- Auditoriums and Classrooms
- Convenience Shop
- Engineering Labs
- IT Labs
- Computer Games Development Studio
- Green Screen Studio
- Design & Drawing Studio
- Transportation- Campus Connect Shuttle Services
- Sports and Recreational Facilities
- On-Campus Accommodations
- XR Studio
- Cyber Security Talent Zone
- Animation and VFX Studios
- School of Postgraduate Studies
- Off-Campus Accommodations
TPM is the ideal location for this new and contemporary campus due to its strong positioning as Malaysia’s primary hub for leading-edge and high-tech developments in a vast variety of areas. Residing in one of Kuala Lumpur’s most rapidly developing areas, TPM is well served and accessible through major highways, LRT and other forms of public transportation. APU’s new campus aims high at setting a new benchmark for its design excellence among the other Malaysian universities, combining an eco-friendly campus with an equally dynamic blend of technology and innovation to enable professional learning.
Set next to the Bukit Jalil stadium, the campus is easily accessible by public transport (bus and LRT/Metro) and taxi. Students and visitors to the APU campus can opt to travel via public transport, drive, or come on foot. Students staying in apartments within the vicinity to the campus can get here by 10-15 minutes walk or by the shuttle bus specially provided by APU.
To get to the campus by public transport, students can get down at Bukit Jalil LRT Station (Star LRT) and take APU’s shuttle bus. Alternatively, students can drive or carpool with friends. The campus is highly accessible through an extensive network of highways within the Klang Valley. It is connected via the Middle Ring Road II (MRR), Damansara Puchong Highway (LDP), Kesas Highway, Maju Expressway (MEX), North-South Expressway and the Puchong-Sungai Besi Bypass.
APU has many options in student housing during their studying here. Students can inquire for assistance from the Institute’s Student Services department for accommodation services and making the right choice and finding the right accommodation. They also have fully-managed accommodation at several apartment buildings located close to the campus, including Fortune Park, and Endah Promenade Condominiums. Students can stay in the apartments where they occupy rooms on either a a single or twin sharing basis and have access to kitchen facilities and common area. Each apartment has 3-5 bedrooms with a living room.
Condominium facilities include:
- Swimming Pool
- Convenience Stores
- 24-hour Security Coverage
Rental for each student ranges depends on student’s preferences on the room size and facilities provided. Students are also advised to pay a 2-month deposit and 1-month rental with respective cover charges upon check-in to the accommodation. However, rental rates may change from time to time.
APU Off-Campus Accommodation currently available are:
Endah Promenade (Super Premium)
- RM890-RM1780 per month/student
- Single or twin sharing basis
- Wifi, beds, mattresses study tables, basic kitchen equipment, etc.
- Cooking allowed
Fortune Park (Premium)
- RM620-RM1340 per month/student
- Single or twin/sharing basis
- Wifi, beds & mattresses, basic kitchen appliances, etc.
- No cooking allowed
Fortune Park (Super Premium)
- RM720-RM1540 per month/student
- Single or twin sharing basis
- Wifi, beds & mattresses, refrigerator, washing machine, etc.
- Cooking allowed
APU On-Campus Accommodation currently available are:
- En-suite Rooms with Common Pantry
- common pantry - stove, microwave oven, refrigerator.
- rooms have bathrooms attached - water heaters, mirrors, shelves, towel racks
Types of rooms available are designated to singular or shared living options.
- Super Premium - En-Suite Single
- Super Premium - En-Suite Twin
- Premium - En-Suite Single
- Premium - En-Suite Twin
- Standard - En-Suite Single
- Compact - En-Suite Single
- Shared Apartment with Kitchen (5 rooms per apartment)
- common kitchen - stove, microwave oven, refrigerator.
- All rooms come with bathrooms - water heater, mirrors, shelves, towel racks
Rooms in the apartment are divided into singular or shared options.
- Super Premium in Apartment - En-Suite Single (mini-fridge given)
- Premium in Apartment - En-Suite Single
- Standard in Apartment - En-Suite Single
- Standard in Apartment - En-Suite Twin
Room types are ranged to price between RM750 - RM1,080 per month, cover charge is RM400 as a one-time payment and includes a greeting pack of 1 bed sheet, 1 pillow and 1 mattress protector. A comfortor is available as an add-on for RM100.
Electricity fees and laundry facilities are on a ‘Pay as you use’ basis.
Satellite Accommodation Within TPM
Satellite accommodation is within Technology Park Malaysia (TPM) and next to the APU Campus (3-5 mins walking distance from APU Campus). It has triple and twin sharing rooms with and without Air-Conditioning. Each floor has shared common bathrooms, equipped with water heaters. A Common Pantry is available at each floor and is equipped with stove, microwave oven and refrigerator. There is also a shared Study Area with WIFI (Wireless Broadband Internet) in the Study Lounge. The rental is inclusive of utilities – water & electricity. Air Conditioners can only be operated from 9 pm to 8 am. Self Service Laundry Facilities are available on ‘Pay as you use’ basis.
- Standard Room - Triple Sharing [ ST1 ] - RM 340 (USD 85)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room A/C - Triple Sharing [ ST2 ] - RM 430 (USD 108)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room A/C with attach/bath and Study Table - Triple Sharing [ ST3 ] - RM 500 (USD 125)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room - Twin Sharing [ ST4 ] - RM 490 (USD 125)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
- Standard Room A/C - Twin Sharing [ ST5 ] - RM 590 (USD 150)* + Cover Charge RM 150 (USD 38)*
Rental for each student ranges between RM340 (USD85) to RM590 (USD150) per month, depending on the room type, and the cover charge of RM150 (USD38) which is one-time payment for the welcome pack with a bed sheet, pillow and mattress protector. Comforter is optional at RM100 (USD25).