Raffles College of Higher Education Singapore
Raffles College of Higher Education
|Living cost||RM 11,578 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
Raffles College of Higher Education (RCHE) is a subsidiary of Raffles Education Corporation (REC), the leading education group in the Asia Pacific region. RCHE currently operates four education brand names:
- Raffles Design Institute
- Raffles Merchandising Institute
- Raffles School of Business
- Raffles School of Psychology
- Raffles Academy Of Continuing Education
RCHE has a network of 34 colleges in 31 cities across 12 Asia Pacific countries such as Australia, Bangladesh, Cambodia, China, India, Indonesia, Malaysia, Mongolia, New Zealand, Singapore, Sri Lanka and Thailand. Singapore mainboard-listed Raffles Education Corporation (REC) has, since its inception, grown into the largest and most global education enterprise in Singapore. First and foremost, REC believes that education brings opportunities for growth and self-determination; every individual is entitled to soar on the back of the opportunities that education engenders.
All RCHE programmes follow modern, international curriculums of the highest standard designed to nurture creative professionals and entrepreneurs. Learning environments are provided to lead students towards successful careers through educational experiences that promote social responsibility, professional excellence for employability, analytical thinking for problem solving, creativity to encourage innovation as well as entrepreneurship. Raffles' unique emphasis on both academic theory and practical experience, coupled with state-of-the-art technology applications and opportunities to work with industry professionals, ensures that all graduates are equipped with the necessary knowledge and skills that are demanded by employers worldwide. In addition, they also obtain a sound foundation for future advanced study. Raffles prides themselves on nurturing many award-winning students who have shone in international competitions. They will continue to strive for excellence in delivering high-quality education and providing enriching learning experiences for our students. This is Raffles and foremost.
The academy is situated at 51 Merchant Road, right in the central of a historical and vibrant part of Singapore, the Raffles Education Square is a 77,500 sq ft building which was built to resemble an art museum, just a stone-throw away from Clarke Quay MRT Station. The current premise was built in the 1930s and was the former Central Police Station. The campus is at the perfect location for Raffles students to learn from historically great leaders and innovators to create unlimited possibilities for their future.
This campus also acts as group headquarters and is located in the heart of Singapore’s shopping, financial and entertainment districts. The city is driven by Eastern sensibilities and architecture with Western sophistication. Here you will find rich tradition and cutting-edge modernity gel with perfect synchronicity. The campus includes facilities like classrooms, workshops, studios, computer labs, students' lounge, counseling room and library with the latest equipments and technological application:
- Seminar Rooms
- Academic Classrooms
- Design Studios
- Psychology Laboratory
- Computer Labs
- Digital Media Lab
- Student Consultation Rooms
- Postgraduate Studio
- The roads are well served by public buses, which cover many routes all over the city. It is also a very convenient and affordable mode of transport. Most buses are air-conditioned and bus fares range between S$0.80 to S$2.
Mass Rapid Transit (MRT)
- MRT trains connect to all the major parts of Singapore and provide one of the most popular modes of transport. Pricing ranges depending on distance travelled, starting from S$1.10 for a standard single-trip ticket.
- Many taxis ply the roads in Singapore. A taxi can be flagged down or located at one of the taxi stands near major buildings and shopping centres. The flag-down taxi fares range between $3 - $5 with surcharges during peak hours, weekends and public holidays.
- All international students are encouraged to stay in the students’ hostel when they first arrive in Singapore. The students’ hostel is conveniently close to the School and the rental rates are reasonable.
Shared Accommodation / Independent Residence
- Three- to four-bedroom apartments are available for rent from S$1,500 per month. Students can choose to live alone or share an apartment with other students. Lease terms are usually for 1 year or more.
- Some families in Singapore open up their homes to students and welcome them as part of their families.
Hotel or Service Apartment
- Depending on location and size, the cost for these residences can range from S$5,000 to S$8,000 per month.
- Business, Management
- Creative Arts & Design
- English Language