University of Essex
University of Essex
370 QS World University Rankings 2014
257 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
313 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
338 QS World University Rankings 2013
303 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Living cost||RM 6,500 per month|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
Established in 1965, The University of Essex is a British campus university. Regarded as one of the UK's leading academic institutions, the campus is located less than a mile (1.6 km) from the town of Wivenhoe and 2 miles (3.2 km) from the town of Colchester. Essex is ranked 5th in UK, 12th in Europe, and 54th in the world according to the Journal of the European Economic Association.
With a staggering student populace of 10,960, of which 8,115 are Undergraduate Students and 2,845 are Postgraduate Students. University of Essex also opens their gates to International students by accepting over 4,235 international students in 2011. With 18 schools and departments, the university is categorized into four main faculties for students to pursue their interests in.
Facilities available to students at University of Essex are plenty. Amenities include IT Services, Accommodation, Library, Student Union, Catering amidst other great services. Extracurricular activities at University of Essex offer numerous great opportunities for students to pursue their skills and talents in. With 165 clubs and societies, a dull moment never passes by at University of Essex.
Established in 1965, The University of Essex offers the following facilities:
- Accommodation - Within walking distance of the heart of the campus, well-managed, cost-effective and award-winning accommodation is available.
- Clubs & Societies – University of Essex has over 165 Clubs and Societies. With a range of activities organized by these clubs, students have the opportunity to get involved in any of them that suit their preference. All societies and clubs are open to anyone to join, regardless of gender, ethnic origin, race or sexual orientation.
- Library Facilities – The library grants access to more than one million books and journals, High-quality facilities and long opening hours amidst other great opportunities for the benefit of its students.
- Catering - A wide vaiety of cafés, restaurants and bars to suit all tastes and budgets are freely available on campus as well as close by. Special dietary needs, promotions as well as other great benefits await students at University of Essex.
- Campus Shop – The 24 hour campus shop sells a wide variety of fresh groceries, ready meals, sandwiches, newspapers and magazines.
Our three campuses at Colchester, Southend and Loughton have quick coach and rail connections to London and Stansted airport. They are also within easy driving distance of the M25, central London, Gatwick and Heathrow.
All our single accommodation is arranged into self-catering flats with fully equipped shared kitchen facilities. We offer a choice of study bedrooms with en-suite facilities, or rooms with shared bathrooms. Use our interactive 360 degree tour of the Colchester Campus to see inside our accommodation residences.
University Square is arranged into flats with shared kitchens, with all rooms having en suite bathrooms. In addition we offer self-contained studio flats. Use our interactive 360 degree tour of the Southend Campus to see inside our accommodation residences.
Note: When applying for your accommodation you will have the option to select a single gender flat.
- Creative Arts & Design
- English Language
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Mass Communication & Media