University of York
Linton University College
113 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
120 QS World University Rankings 2014
100 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
114 QS World University Rankings 2013
103 QS World University Rankings 2015
131 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
135 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Campus setting||Contact the university / college|
|Living cost||RM 6,500 per month|
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
|International students||Contact the university / college|
Founded on principles of excellence, equality and opportunity for all, the University of York opened in 1963 with just 230 students. Since then we have become one of the world's leading universities, carving out a reputation as an academic powerhouse where a clear focus on excellence has secured national and international recognition alongside longer established institutions.
The University is in the middle of an unprecedented period of expansion and renewal.
Since 2000, we have invested in 20 new buildings on the original Heslington West campus and have completed the first and second phases of a £750m campus expansion at Heslington East. Our investment in new colleges, teaching and learning space, laboratories, research facilities and a new sport village mean it has never been a better time to join our student body or research groups at York.
Located within walking distance of York city centre, our safe and attractive Heslington campus is home to our eight colleges and most of our departments. We also have several departments located in the city centre at the historic King's Manor.
With over 3,700 rooms for undergraduate students, we can offer a range of options to suit you and your budget, from economy rooms in older blocks to brand new deluxe accommodation with spacious shared kitchens featuring sofas and LCD televisions. All of our accommodation is on or very close to campus, so you will never be far from lectures, the library, catering outlets and student bars.
- Our single rooms range from £103.11 (RM565.17) to £167.65 (RM918.92) per week
- Our prices include heating, electricity, water, contents insurance and internet access – with wifi available in every bedroom
- Over half of our rooms have been built or refurbished since 2009
- Most of our rooms are single study bedrooms but we do have a small number of twin bedrooms with two single beds
- As well as your study bedroom and shared kitchen, you will also be close to a range of facilities such as bars, cafés, dining halls, launderettes, secure bike sheds, common rooms and study areas
International students who are interested to stay off-campus will be able to select an accommodation suitable to their needs from a variety of off-campus accommodation in nearby housing areas within the vicinity of the University College. There are apartments, condominiums and houses available for rent.
- Accounting and Finances
- Computing and IT
- Applied, Pure Sciences
- Education and Teaching
- Humanities & Social Sciences