Edge Hill University
Edge Hill University
Established in 2006, Edge Hill University is a campus based University. Located in Ormskirk, Lancashire, England, it is based on a sprawling 160-acre (650,000 m2) campus. Edge Hill University has proudly been shortlisted three times for the Times Higher Education University of the Year award, bringing great honor to the establishment.
With a student populace of 25,319, 14, 745 are Undergraduates and 10,574 are Postgraduate students. With three faculties, Arts and Sciences, Education, and Health and Social Care, students have a wide array of options to choose from. Computer Science, Dance, History, Social Work, Sociology are some amongst the many possibilities for students to pursue their interests in and cultivate their passion.
Facilities made available to students at Edge Hill University are plenty. Amenities provided include a Gymanisum, The Duening Centre, Student Hub, The Arts Centre, Halls of Residence, Milton House, The Hollies amidst other great facilities.
Based on a sprawling 160-acre (650,000 m2) campus, Edge Hill University offers the following facilities:
- Performing Arts Centre – Opened in 2005, this £5m Performing Arts Centre is equipped with two theatres, a fully sprung dance studio, six drama studios, seminar rooms and enhanced facilities for music amidst other great benefits.
- Accommodation – On campus accommodation as well as off housing is available to students at Edge Hill. Accommodation at the Ormskirk Campus, including the ultra-modern Founders Court, Graduates Court, and Chancellors Court are great options for students based on availability and affordability.
- Clubs & Societies – Clubs and Societies at Edge Hill are plenty, offering the opportunity for students to get involved in any activity of their preference and nurture their talents.
- Sport & Fitness – Edge Hill University boasts a 60 acre site dedicated to sports and fitness. Facilities include football, rugby and hockey pitches, tennis, squash and netball courts, a swimming pool, two gymnasiums and a dance studio plus a wide selection of fitness and aerobic classes for its student populace.
- Career Centre – The dedicated staff at the Career Centre offers opportunities for learning, developing your skills and gaining experience. Students are free to seek the assistance to all matters regarding career options, employability and so on.
Edge Hill University's main campus is located in Ormskirk, in the heart of the North West.
Bus service EL1 runs at 15 minute intervals from Ormskirk bus station to Edge Hill and back throughout the day, 8:05 to 20:50 Monday to Friday and until 17:50 on Saturdays.
- Architecture, Building
- Business, Management
- Computer Science, IT
- Mass Communication & Media