Goldsmiths University of London
Goldsmiths University of London
|Living cost||RM 8,000 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
Goldsmiths is part of the prestigious University of London. With world-leading research and high-quality teaching, we offer undergraduate, postgraduate and doctoral degrees in computing, social sciences, business, the arts and humanities.
We have an excellent track record of producing graduates of outstanding calibre who make a global name for themselves in their chosen industries. Goldsmiths rose to 35th place in the UK for graduate employability last year and have superb industry links and a strong reputation with employers. The college is located in New Cross in zone two central London, just ten minutes away from London Bridge station with easy access to the city centre. The University offers students a campus community lifestyle in one of the most culturally diverse and trendy parts of London, and students have a fantastic range of social and cultural activities to get involved in around the local area.
The University also offers some of the cheapest accommodation in London and living costs can be kept down. The teaching style and approach to learning at Goldsmiths is friendly, non-hierarchical and collaborative, and students are encouraged to relate to their teachers as peers and collaborators, and can utilize this professional network after graduation.
We are small close-knit community that comes from every corner of the world, which makes for a diverse learning experience (and plenty of stimulating conversation).
We’re based on a single-site campus within London’s vibrant New Cross, but we’re also just minutes from the heart of this great global city, home to major cultural landmarks including the National Theatre and Tate Modern.
Some of the buildings and facilities you'll find include:
- Goldsmiths library, with over a quarter of a million books and is open 24/7 during term time
- Club Pulse, a low-cost gym and classes
- Great Hall in the Richard Hoggart Building, which hosts events, concerts and our Presentation Ceremonies
- The back field, offering leafy green space in South East London
- The award-winning Students' Union, including bar 'the Stretch' and café
- Departmental facilities include nine specialist research labs; workshop facilities; studio space; a 160-seat theatre and three performance studios; and photography, radio and TV studios.
- A range of accommodation facilities, including halls of residence, houses and flats leased by the University of London and privately rented flats and houses
- There are plenty of shops, cafes and restaurants on and around campus.
London has been voted one of the top student cities in the world, thanks in part to the quality of life, vibrant mix of people, and how well employers rate its graduates.
Goldsmiths is based on a single-site campus within this fantastic city, in New Cross, South-East London. It’s a vibrant area with plenty to keep you occupied, but we’re also just minutes from the heart of this great global city.
There are two stations just a couple of minutes from the campus – New Cross and New Cross Gate – where you can catch rail and Overground trains. London Bridge is about 10 minutes away by rail, and the heart of East London is 15 minutes away by Overground. The campus is also well placed in terms of bus (including night bus) routes, and there’s a DLR station at Deptford Bridge (which links to the tube network) just 10 minutes’ walk away.
- Halls: Have just under 1,600 rooms in halls of residence, located locally and across London.
- Private accommodation: Renting privately means you can decide where you live, who you share with, and the type of accommodation that suits you best.
- Family accommodation and home stay: You may be interested in living in a house share with a local family. We work closely with Hosts International who offer a number of self-catering rooms in shared houses, close to Goldsmiths and bookable on a weekly basis. HFS London also provide this type of accommodation.
- International student accommodation
- University managed housing
- Accounting and Finance
- Computer Science, IT
- Creative Arts & Design
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Mass Communication & Media