- 160 QS World University Rankings 2014
- 131 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 137 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- 156 QS World University Rankings 2013
- 121 QS World University Rankings 2015
- 130 THE World University Rankings 2015-2016
- 135 QS World University Rankings 2018
|Student population||Large (More than 10,000)|
Located in Lancaster, Lancashire, England, Lancaster University is a research-intensive British university. Established in 1964, Lancaster University has the 11th highest research quality. Lancaster University occupies a beautiful 360 acre parkland site at Bailrigg overlooking great scenic views. With an income of £180 million, Lancaster was ranked 7th in the 2013 Guardian University Guide. Lancaster is a collegiate university, its main functions divided between four central faculties and nine colleges.
With a student populace of approximately 12,525, Lancaster University offers over 78 degree programs. The international student body comprises of students from over 100 different countries , recognized as one of the safest campuses’ in UK. Lancaster University has 3,025 strong staff offering their services in providing academic excellence for all their students. Lancaster University offers a mix of City, Coast & Countryside, which adds a whole new dimension to the student experience. Lancaster University is constantly bustling with activity and excitement. With activities happening at every corner, students never feel a dull moment pass by. Facilities at Lancaster University are plenty, which include Bailrigg post office, Barclays Bank, NatWest Bank, Santander Bank, UNI TRAVEL (a travel agent which sells rail and bus tickets), a health centre, pharmacy and a dental practice amongst the list of amenities included.
Lancaster University, a research-intensive British university offers the following facilities:
- Food & Drink: A number of great places to eat and drink across the campus are available, with cafes, restaurants and nine college bars - each one evocative of its college’s individual character.
- Banks & Shops: The campus is home to two banks, a post office, supermarkets and general stores, a baker, a newsagent, a hairdresser, travel agent, a charity shop – and even an ice cream parlor for the benefit and ease of the student community.
- Library – The library facilities at Lancaster University range from obtaining exam papers, Special Collections, Resource Lists, Lancaster E- Prints amidst other great amenities offered to the LU society.
- Sports Centre – There are activities for students with all types of preference at the Sports Centre. Facilities at the Sports Centre include a 100 station gym, Climbing wall, Sauna and Steam Room as well as 8 Tennis Courts, 5 Netball Courts, 2 Multi-Use Games Areas: for 5-a-side, training, basketball amongst it’s outdoor facilities.
- Student Union - LUSU puts on a wide range of activities and events throughout the year, such as the annual Christmas Market with fairground rides and live entertainment, Campus festival with live music food and fireworks as well as hosting important events such as the graduation ball.
Lancaster is located in North West England, between Manchester and the Lake District. Just three miles from the coast to the west and set amidst some of the country’s most impressive scenery, the city of Lancaster is well connected to the rest of the UK by both road and rail.
Lancaster University has a variety of award-winning accommodation to choose from, all of it located within distinct college communities within the main university, enhancing the student experience. We even have a dedicated college for our Postgraduate students.
- On-campus accommodation for around 6,500 students
- A collegiate set up that makes it easy to settle in
- Great value for money, with rooms from £86 per week
- A positive safety score of 96 percent
- Residence charges are inclusive of heating, lighting, electricity, and a 24-hour security presence during term time.
- Access to the University network, WiFI and high speed Internet is included, as is an insurance premium that covers your possessions up to the value of £4,500.
- A basic cleaning service is provided in shared areas such as kitchens and corridors in most of the accommodation.
- As they offer a more independent style of living there is no cleaning service provided to studio apartments or townhouses.
- Accounting and Finance
- Business, Management
- English Language
- Humanities & Social Sciences