University of Stirling
University of Stirling
- 385 THE World University Rankings 2013-2014
- 339 THE World University Rankings 2014-2015
- 384 QS World University Rankings 2015
|Living cost||RM 6,467 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
The University of Stirling was founded in 1967, located on the Airthrey Estate in Stirling, Scotland. According to The Times Good University Guide 2012, the university ranked 1st in Scotland for Education and Sport, and 2nd in Scotland for Social Work and Social Policy.
The University of Stirling comprises eight Schools: School of Applied Social Science, School of Arts and Humanities, School of Education, Stirling Management School, School of Natural Sciences, School of Nursing, Midwifery and Health, School of Sport, and Stirling Graduate School, each of the School is sub-divided into several departments.
Other than the Stirling main campus, the university also owns campuses in Inverness (Highland campus) and Stornoway (Western Isles campus), specialising in Nursing and Midwifery. There are over 2,300 on-site residential places, the centralised and state-of-the-arts facilities include:
- the University Library
- 24 hour computer lab access
- the MacRobert Arts Centre, with café/bar, cinema and theatre
- extensive indoor and outdoor sports facilities, such as a swimming pool, a nine-hole golf course and driving range
- a shopping precinct, featuring a bank, bookshop, supermarket, pharmacy, and travel agent
- a wide range of restaurants and cafes
The campus is situated on the historic Airthrey Estate, only two miles from the Royal Burgh of Stirling. The city is easily accessible with the excellent public transport networks.
All first year students, from any location, will normally be allocated a single study bedroom in a University residence (this may be on or off campus).
Applications should be made online via the university portal and full instructions will be sent from the Admissions Office once your place to study is unconditional firm.
For Session 2016/17, accommodation available to first year students will be:
- Andrew Stewart Hall
- Beech Court Flats & Studios
- Fraser of Allander House
- H H Donnelly House
- Muirhead House
- Polwarth House
- Willow Court Flats & Studios
- Juniper Court Flats & Studios
- John Forty's Court (Nurses Only)
- Union Street, Stirling (Integrated Degree Students [FVC] Only)
- Applied, Pure Science
- Computer Science, IT
- English Language
- Health & Medicine
- Humanities & Social Sciences
- Mass Communication & Media
- Sports Science