Institute of Technology Sligo
Institute of Technology Sligo
|Living cost||RM 4,679 per month|
|Student population||Medium (1,001 to 10,000)|
Institute of Technology Sligo is one of Ireland’s most successful third level educational institutions. IT Sligo offers courses from Higher Certificate and Bachelor Degree to Masters and Doctorate level. (NFQ Levels 6 to 10) IT Sligo Campus is located in “The Land of Hearts Desire” and there are diverse and vibrant international student mixes. The environment is flexible, supportive and friendly that makes it a good learning environment. IT Sligo is a compact and friendly campus which makes it so much easier for you to meet people and make friends.
A regional leader in education, innovation and economic and social development, IT Sligo provide courses with the real-world skills that students need to thrive in the modern workplace. Institute of Technology Sligo Sligo is known for:
- Delivering flexible, practical programmes within the National Framework of Qualifications (NFQ), from higher certificate and degree level courses to taught masters and PhD level, in the classroom and online, with professional accreditation for certain awards.
- Small class sizes, with a low student to staff ratio, meaning students have a better working relationship with their lecturers.
- Partnering with businesses, the community and creative industries across core disciplines of Business and Social Sciences, Engineering and Design and Science to provide students work placements and internships.
- An excellent track record in innovation and research, providing a focal point for local business innovation and development
Reaching out to business, the community and abroad
- Working with IT Sligo partners in industry, IT Sligo delivers a broad spectrum of tailored programmes approved by external bodies such as Engineers Ireland, Coca-Cola, Irish Prison Service, the CISCO Academy and the Irish Medicines Board.
- IT Sligo annual Science Week activities attract over 3,000 visitors to take part in practical scientific experiments.
- IT Sligo is an accredited member of the European Credit Transfer Scheme for Higher Education Awards and received the Extended European Erasmus University Charter in 2007.
The campus is centrally located in Sligo and is well serviced by public transport. The most recent developments include a new Student Centre and state of the art Library/Learning Resource Centre that provides students with a dynamic focus for learning and study. Sports Facilities include the Knocknarea Arena, a 1,500m2 multipurpose sports arena equipped for a range of indoor sports including football and basketball. Also have an international standard outdoor athletics track; floodlit soccer and Gaelic pitches and leisure and gym facilities available to all staff, students and conference visitors on campus. There are 2,100 bed spaces provided within Sligo City exclusively for students. The campus had provide spaces for 950 vehicles on campus with visitor, pay and display, and free parking.
The Institute of Technology Sligo campus is located on the edge of Sligo town and is within walking distance to the town centre. Students can commute via bus that regularly frequents the campus, or by taxi at an affordable fare. There are three trains per day that connects Sligo to Dublin.
Gateway Apartments (On-Campus)
- 2 Person Apartment. €2500 Rent Only
Ard Nua Village
- Houses and Apartments catering for five to seven students. Single rooms, single en-suites, twin rooms, and twin en-suites. Few minutes walk from IT Slago. From €50 Per Week
Lake Isle Student Accommodation
- 3 bedrooms, 3 bathrooms, living area, spacious kitchen, fully furnished. €75 Per Week + Service Charge.
Yeats Village Student Accommodation
- Houses and Apartments catering for two to six students. Two minutes from IT Slago. All utilities included. From €45 per week.
The Grove Student Complex
- Sixty-six 3-bed apartments, all en-suite rooms. All utilities included. From €93 per week for Single En-Suite (No hidden charges) €3,534 for full year (Sep - May)
Milligan Place Student Accommodation
- Two minutes walk from IT Sligo. 35 apartments.
Clarion Village Student Accommodation
- 2, 3 and 4 bed apartments with single en-suite, twin en-suite and single rooms. All utilities included, few minutes walk from IT Sligo. From €45 per week.
- Applied, Pure Science
- Architecture, Building
- Business, Management
- Creative Arts & Design
- Health & Medicine